Could this be the proper Christmas gift for a appliance Mater? iFixit, the repair specialists have released an updated New pro tech Toolkit. And they’ve additionally refreshed their Essential electronics Toolkit, too.
|Pro Tech Toolkit releases iFixit|
Described as a “High Performance Toolkit for All Things Repair”, the Pro Tech Toolkit is pictured above.
“The perfect toolkit for pros to average joes – it contains all the poking, prying, gripping, lifting, ESD safety, and screw driving tools needed to service consumer electronics,” says iFixit, which promises they have yet to find a modern device that they can’t open with the kit. “For $60, the Pro Tech the best gift for any techie, handyman, or DIY-er on your list.”
The Pro Tech Toolkit is priced at €59,95 and its contents are:
- Anti-Static wrist joint Strap - protection for circuits against static electricity
- Small Suction Handle - suction handle for holding onto things gappy handles
- 3x iFixit Opening Tool - Normal plastic prying tools
- 6x iFixit Opening Picks - lean prying tool for opening electronic devices
- Nylon Tipped Reverse Tweezers - to Conveyance and hold your work
- Angled ESD Tweezers - ESD-safe, feature teeth for harsh grip
- Blunt ESD Tweezers - ESD-safe, feature teeth for harsh grip
- Standard Spudger - tough antistatic tool for a variety of purposes
- Halberd Spudger - features a hook for scooping, scraping, pulling, & guiding. ESD - safe.
- Metal Spudger - for more powerful prying, scraping, probing, & poking action
- Jimmy - handy tool for “Jimmy”ing open electronics.
- Magnetic Pad - Holds small screws and parts during repairs
- Tool Roll - Durable and compact
- Mako Precision Bit Set - all the bits needed for repairs on small electronics (see below).
- The Mako Precision Bit Set includes
- 64 Bit Driver
- 150 mm Flex Extension
- 4 mm Screwdriver Bits
- Phillips – 000, 00, 0, 1, 2
- Flathead – 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4 mm
- Torx – T2, T3, T4, T5
- Torx Security – TR6, TR7, TR8, TR9, TR10, TR15, TR20, TR25
- Pentalobe – P2, P5, P6
- JIS – J000, J00, J0, J1
- Hex – 0.7, 0.9, 1.3, 2, 1.5, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5 mm
- Tri-point – Y000, Y00, Y0, Y1
- Nut Driver – 2.5, 3.5, 3, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5 mm
- Square – 1, 2
- Gamebit – 3.8, 4.5 mm
- Spanner – 6, 8
- Triangle – 2, 3 mm
- Standoff Bit for iPhone
- Oval Bit
- Magnetic Pickup Bit
- SIM Eject Bit
- 1/4″ to 4 mm Driver Adapter
Essential Electronics Toolkit
Not forgetting the Essential Electronics Toolkit, too, which has had an update since its 2016 release.
“This kit comes with pretty much anything you need to do a basic repair on everyday devices, from replacing a phone screen or laptop battery to fixing your game console. At $25, it’s the perfect stocking stuffer or white elephant gift.” says iFixit. “Upgrade your home DIY toolkit with what you would like to service entrance knobs, home appliances, eyeglasses, and more!”
Priced €19,95 at the contents of the Essential Electronics Toolkit are:
- Magnetized Driver Handle
- Angled Precision Tweezers
- iFixit Opening Tool
- iFixit Opening Picks set of 6
- Suction Handle
- Easy-to-Open Magnetized Case
- Lid with Built-in Sorting Tray
- Sixteen 4mm Precision Screwdriver Bits
- Phillips - 000, 00, 0, 1
- Pentalobe – P2, P5
- Flathead – 1, 2.5, 4 mm
- Torx – T4, T5
- Torx Security – TR6, TR10, TR8
- Tri-Point – Y000
- SIM Eject Bit
Both kits are covered by a lifetime warranty.
In my book these would be a green, and worthy, Christmas present - helping repair and reuse. It might mean the difference between your device being an expensive appliance or electronic landfill in waiting.
See Also : Air Purifier For Fresh and Pure Air